Demo & dine
Cookery demo & dine with Nick Galer
Learn to cook like a professional chef at home!
14 November, 11.30am ~ Braising techniques: oxtail and beef + perfect pairings
12 December, 11.30am ~ Christmas alternatives: nibbles, treats & drinks
Two hour demo followed by lunch with Nick. Demos start at 11.30am sharp and we’re all finished by 1.30/45pm.
Join us for live lunchtime cookery demos led by our award winning chef Nick Galer. Demos will follow a seasonal theme and be followed by a 2-course signature lunch with a glass of something perfectly matched. Nick will join you for lunch to talk all things food, produce provenance, recipes and cooking great tasting food. With recipes to take home, your family and friends will be queuing at the door!
Be the first to know about forthcoming events: join our cookery demo community
£40 per person including a 2 course lunch and wine. Please arrive in plenty of time for the start of the demo!
Demo & dine 2019
23 January 2019
British fish to eat in winter – prep & cooking techniques
Tarts – pastry, fillings & garnishes – sweet & savoury
Potatoes – choosing the right ones & perfecting potato dishes
Native lobster & crab – prep, cooking & garnishes
Spring lamb & how to use the whole carcass
Alternative salad leaves, herbs & dressings
The great British pea – prep & cooking variations
Game season – an introduction & classic game garnishes
Miller bread – new recipes & techniques
Classic British pies – from steak & kidney to pork pie
Christmas classics done well
Full payment is required at time of booking. Cancellation policy: 50% refunded up to a week prior.
Cancellations within 7 days are non-refundable.
Previous demo & dine themes included:
- Soups that aren’t boring!
- Seasonal artisan breads, including Miller Bacon Brioche
- Prime UK wild fish: prep, seasoning & cooking
- Spring vegetables: purchase & prep, including asparagus & Jersey Royals
- Fresh egg pasta: lasagne, tagliatelle & noodles
- Salads that incorporate meat
- Introduction to game season: what’s best to eat, when & how
- Simple smoking techniques: vegetables & poultry
- Braising: oxtail/beef plus perfect pairings